Reset password Activation link

Forums ~ Feature Requests

Pagination Options

March 5, 2011
Completed

Artem Grebinnyk
March 5, 2011

Hello Igor

I just realised that Pagination only gives maximum of 200 records per page. Is it possible to add “All Records” option to it.

It it very important especially in line with Total of the column feature. I’ll explain. If I set numeric column to display Total at the bottom and there are more than 200 records in a database, there is no chance for me to display total of all records, since Total feature will only adds up displayed items (20, 40, … or 200 maximum) and not all of them..

So the only way out is to either show all records on one page or ask you to change the way Totaling at the bottom works. First option is easier I believe.

Thank you.

Igor Petrushenko
March 5, 2011

Hi, Artem!

We will need to think about it. Because we set 200 records per page maximum due to performance. We don’t want someone to try showing 10 millions records with thousands columns on one page. Because it will affect overall users work.

Artem Grebinnyk
March 5, 2011

Igor

I see now. In this case, is it possible to set Total to show all records’ result and not only displayed ones?

I would also need to ask you to add an option to Pagination to display last page first online.

You wouldn’t want, for example, to see your bank statement from the first page since opening bank account. Eveyone would expect to see last accounting records first.

Both above features togather would do the job perfectly and will be certainly useful to any user related to accounting.

Can that be done?

Thank you

Igor Petrushenko
March 5, 2011

Artem,

You can sort your table in order to show last page first. It depends from the column you want to sort by. To sort you can just click on column name when you are on the Records page. Save order will be saved and in database widget will be the same sort order by default.

If you need to sort by created at or updated at you can enable such columns under Froms menu at the bottom.

Hope it helps!

We’ll think about Total issue and will get back to you later soon.

Artem Grebinnyk
March 5, 2011

Igor

Thank you. Yes I know I can sort RECORDS to show last record on top. But I need to show last PAGE first with the last recort on the bottom. Just as if you select last page in online Page number drop down menu. Again, imagine you online bank statement, the last record goes on the bottom with grand total below.

But again, for me it will only work in combination with Totals for all records. Same it will work for any accountant, bookkeeper, client account manager etc. It would be really useful feature that will enhance areas of use of your system dramatically!

Thank you.

Artem

Igor Petrushenko
March 5, 2011

Artem,

Thank you for your detailed explanation,
We will think about it and get back to you asap.

Igor Petrushenko
March 14, 2011

Hi, Artem!

Please, see screenshot below:

Total by table and for current page

Isn’t it solves your task?

Artem Grebinnyk
March 14, 2011

Dear Igot

It looks like it does !

In fact, after playing with the system for some time, I found it useful to have Total figure reflecting only records shown on the page.

This way, for example, I can filter records by date and find out what was the total for today only. Which is brilliant!

Thank you for ever again quick and efficient solutions.

Best regards,

Artem

Igor Petrushenko
March 14, 2011

Just great, really happy to hear it. Because we also found current solution works fine.

Thank you and have a good and productive week ahead!

Share the discussion in the social networks: