CSS to create table for checkbox section

June 5, 2011
Completed

Igor Petrushenko
June 5, 2011

Hi,

I created a submission form that is shown on this page:

http://about.seasonwithspice.com/2011/05/submit-your-recipe.html

The last section of the form is a question with 10 checkboxes. Instead of all 10 in one column, I was hoping to spread them out over three columns.

I tried the CSS code example provided on MyTaskHelper, but it doesn’t seem to work for checkboxes.

Thank you for any suggestions you can provide!

Best,

Reese & Mark

Igor Petrushenko
June 5, 2011

Hi Reese and Mark!

We’ll think about the solution and will get back to you ASAP!

Thank you!

Igor Petrushenko
June 5, 2011

Hi, guys,

On your form “Type of Recipe (Check a maximum of two boxes)” is one field, while CSS class names like two-column or three-column will work for several fields only.

So currently you can only split this one field to several in order to show it in several columns.

Or you can search for some solution in google. I.e. search for ‘checkboxes in several column CSS’. We’ll try to find solution too. I.e. some CSS code which you can upload to your form.

Thanks!

Igor Petrushenko
June 7, 2011

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The first comment on the bottom of this page seems like it may be useful:

http://drupal.org/node/41936

Can you take a look? I’m sorry, I don’t know much about CSS.

Thanks for your help!

Mark

Igor Petrushenko
June 7, 2011

Hi, Mark!

I’ve added Description field with that modified JavaScript piece of code which you gave me the link too.

Please, see how it looks like now. And I’ve no idea how to make it looks like 3 columns, it looks “strange” now. But maybe it will work for you, otherwise just delete that last field from Forms menu and we’ll need to find another solution.

Thanks!

Igor Petrushenko
June 8, 2011

Hi Igor,

Yeah, it does look funny. I had to remove the code. However, thanks for trying it out.

If you have any other ideas, that would be great. The form looks fine now, but I wanted to add another section of checkboxes, and if I did right now, the form would become too long

Hope you can find a solution. Thanks again!

Mark

Share the discussion in the social networks: