Reset password Activation link

Forums ~ Feature Requests

Image fields & formula option

November 14, 2016
Completed

whiteheatreg
November 14, 2016

Hello Kari,

SUGGESTION: When creating an application that uses IMAGES, MTH requires the image file display dimensions to be specified as one size only. While this is not wrong it creates a limitation when the same images are to be viewed in widgets of varying sizes. For example, where a widget is sized to fit within a smaller iframe for a mobile device.

This limitation creates the need to have multiple versions of the same image uploaded as large, medium and small display size, making data entry cumbersome and time consuming.

I SUGGEST that the problem is resolved in the FORMULA function by adding the dimensions of the formula result if it is an image. For example; a formula may be; image_field1 + null_field = image_field1_formula as a result and where this can be set by program parameters to a specified display dimension.

Kind regards,

Reg

Igor Petrushenko
November 14, 2016

Hi, Reg,

thank you for your suggestion. However it’s hard to understand and imagine what you need.
Please, could you provide us with some test app or screenshots with steps.
This way we can better understand your needs and how it can be usable by other users.

Thanks!

Igor Petrushenko
January 11, 2017

Hi, Reg,

Currently I may only recommend you to use img HTML tag to display image with the size you need.
You can use Constant as a formula operand and knowing your image URL (right click on image and copy url) you can compose correct img HTML in your formula column.

whiteheatreg
January 14, 2017

I have resolved this issue using the CONSTANT function thank you Igor.

More than this I have used the same function to modify the size, font attributes and colour used within a formula, something I have wanted to do in MTH for years. In case another member of the forum is interested here is my current and very early test REPORT showing this;

https://mytaskhelper.com/apps/ddVmoMhmjmkyamjKFdSCkY/widgets/b_gmklWR9dMOo4s8oyBGe8?view=b_gmklWR9dMOo4s8oyBGe8

The MTH project uses both text and graphics to convey data presentation.

Igor Petrushenko
January 14, 2017

Looks cool, thank you for sharing this and happy to hear Constants in Formula works great for you!

Share the discussion in the social networks: