Not registered yet?

Reset password Activation link

Forums ~ Feature Requests

Add option to dropdown list

January 27, 2018
Completed

russellglee@gmail.com
January 27, 2018

There was at one time the ability to have an “Add” link below a relationship drop-down that opened the form the drop-down pulled from and allowed the adding of another option to the drop-down. Have I completely forgotten how to add that option or is it no longer available?

Igor Petrushenko
January 27, 2018

It should be still available.
We’ve recently changed it, it now opens linked form as a popup window.

However, Add link will be only visible for logged in user. So if you expect it to be visible in Widget – it will not work.
It will be only visible for logged in Portal or MTH users on Records page. And also this users should have access to add new records into related form.

russellglee@gmail.com
January 27, 2018

The feature I remember was an “Add” link on the form itself (just below the drop-down)
— not on the Records page. If that is still available how do I include in on my form

Igor Petrushenko
January 27, 2018

Yes, I’m talking about New Record or Edit Record forms.
By Records I meant that logged in user will be able to access records in that New/Edit forms, but not in Table or Form Widget.

russellglee@gmail.com
January 27, 2018

It looked a little different than this link — https://form.jotform.com/80261265784157 — but the idea was the same. You could add an option that would also be added to the drop-down.

Igor Petrushenko
January 27, 2018

Russell,

as I said we still have such ‘Add’ link below the dropdown for Relationship fields.
If you couldn’t see it, please, send me the link.

And as I said you’ll not see this link in Widgets. Only inside portal or MTH for logged in users with write access to linked form.

russellglee@gmail.com
January 27, 2018

Well, there you go. I was looking at the form preview and the published form URL. Sorry to trouble you.

And the pop-up is a great touch!

Igor Petrushenko
January 27, 2018

No problems!

Great to hear you like the change! With popups we will not leave the page and loose previously entered data.

Please, let me know if you’ll need anything else (in new topic).

Share the discussion in the social networks: