In MTH you can easily create, customize and integrate database views. View is a really powerful DB feature and can be useful in any database, simple or professional.
It is well known, that every item in an online-store has its own code. For a more comfortable usage, all the data is held in one table. And what is to be done if a company is very big and there are a lot of orders? It is very hard for one person to do all this amount of work and he, obviously needs some helpers. It will be very comfortable if every employee has his own directory.
That is what we need database views for. The administrator creates some table views from the whole database and options, which will be useful for company workers while processing the orders. Remarkable, that every view can be unique not only because of containing information, but also in design and functionality.
If needed, a view could be integrated into any web-resource. And can be controlled by remote desktop software or any website control panel.
Let’s explain the whole procedure of view creation:
1. Using MyTaskHelper online database, go to the “Records” menu and create a new widget with the help of “Grouping”, “Filtering” and “Searching” functions. For example, let’s explain how to create a view based on “Searching”.
2. So, click on the “Search” tab and define a necessary directory. If we talk about the database of orders, the main searching criterion is an order code. For example, it can be number “0020”. As a result we will have all the data with this code. Then click on “Save Result”. We will save the view this way.
3. Go to the “Customize & Integrate” menu. It is necessary for creating the design of out view or for adding some options. Also you could add a view to your web-resource, if needed.
To change the design of a table, you’ll need to:
- enter the “Customize & Integrate” menu;
- click on the “database” tab;
- go to the “Database design” menu.
After all these steps choose the parameters you want and click on “Update”.
If you want to integrate a view into your webpage or blog, copy an iframe-code and add to the resource’s widget.
4. To add functions that could be used by employees while working with information from the table, use the “Action point” in the “Database” tab (“Customize & Integrate” menu).
In the menu that you will see choose all the necessary columns and press “Install”.
5. If you don’t want some columns to be shown in a view do the following actions:
- Go to “Customize & Integrate” – “Database”;
- Enter the “Show and hide columns” tab."
Here you need to choose a view and specify which columns should be used by the manager.
As a result you will make a view you want. You can work with it in MyTaskHelper system or at any web-site.
What advantages will you get using these views?
All the work with databases will be divided into database roles and every employee will be responsible for his part of work. If you have your own business, you can invite your friends in the system. For big companies database views are very and very useful – every manager will have his specific piece of information.