Registration or Sign up forms can be easily created, customized and integrated to your web sites or blogs.
The majority of the Internet sites, especially those at which some goods are sold or some services are promoted, have web forms for registration of potential clients on their pages. With the help of this instrument user's identification is realized and e-mail addresses database is formed. Advertising materials, etc. are sent to these e-mail addresses. This is not spam, but an effective marketing instrument - only interested users get the letters.
But there is one small obstacle. In order to create even the simplest form one has to possess, at least, a rudimental knowledge of HTML or PHP. Beside the fact that its study is time-consuming, not everyone will be able to master it.
It is for the latter category of users for whom online database MyTaskHelper resource will be the most useful. Due to it one can create a registration form easily. Any user can create and implement this wonderful marketing instrument into his resource online for a couple of minutes without any need to study programming languages.
Let’s consider step by step instructions.
1. Register at the resource. There are no difficulties here.
2. Create a project and add the name of the form being created to it. A project can have many forms, but for now we will create only one form.
3. Add fields. In order to do it use the menu and its tabs “Forms”. The fields can be completely different, everything depends on the fact what kind of information you would like to get from the visitor/buyer. In any case there should be an invitation to register and there should be fields necessary to enter the name and e-mail address. In case of necessity, there should be also fields for entering a login and a password, if a full-featured user account is created at the site.
Each of the form fields, except the type of the entered data (number, text, date, etc.), has other properties which make it possible to carry out additional settings. They include sizes, default values, validation. Validation makes it possible to set not only the type of the entered data, but to control the process of fields filling. It is entirely possible that a visitor may not fill some fields while entering the data, but some fields are mandatory.
1. Look and feel settings. After you have added and set the properties of all the necessary fields, you can start forming a web form design. All instruments necessary to perform these actions can be found in the service menu (tab “Set and Embed”). Here you can choose design elements (background, colour and size of the used fonts, sizes), which should be in harmony with an overall design of your resource.
The usage of styles tables (CSS) makes it possible to increase greatly the possibilities of design settings. MyTaskHelper has such functions as well. Application of these tables makes it possible not only, for example, to set the background colour, but to set the background picture.
1. Embed of the form into the resource. This is the last operation. The embedment can be realized by two methods: copy and embed an iframe code into the code of the needed page or just use a direct link to the form. All these instruments are located in the lower part of the settings window.
This is not the last function and possibility of the database with a web access MyTaskHelper, about which we talk on the pages of this blog. Now you have learned to form web forms for a short time, and if you read some other posts you will learn how to create functional databases, organize collective work of users and do many other things necessary for the net resource.
In the next articles we'll tell you about how to create online calculator in MTH. As you know it is possible to add Formula field to web form. So it shouldn't be difficult to implement online calculator yourself.