Conditional Formatting enables you to highlight text in Reports. You can customize the look of text in reports, based on a defined criteria.
Conditional Formatting enables you to highlight text in Records.
You can customize the look of text in records, based on criteria defined by you. If these criteria are met, the selected text gets displayed according to its customized format.
Lets say, we have a table named "Tasks" with "Name", "Date" and "Status" fields. In this table, if a person gets task "A" completed, the "Status" field can be displayed in a green background. If a person still not completed task "B", the "Status" field can be displayed in a red background.
To configure Conditional Formatting,
1. Open your form or table.
2. Select Formatting in the Records menu and click on Create Formatting rule.
3. Under Name, specify a rule name.
4. Specify a criteria by selecting values from the search form. The rule gets executed based on this criteria. For example, Status(field) is equal to "New". A criteria can be defined only when "Selected Records" option is selected.
5. Click on Associate Columns section to add fields. You can customize the look of the fields selected here. For example, select Status field. If the above criteria is met, the Status field will be displayed according to its customized format.
6. Next, click on the various formatting options to customize fields' looks based on your preference. Here you can choose how the selected fields will be displayed, like, Bold, Italic, Underlined, colored etc. To select the text or background colour, drag the circle into your preferred choice of colour. For example, select the background attribute and drag the circle to green color.
7. Finally, click on Create to save the changes.
In a same way you can create as many rules as you need.