How Adalo + QuintaDB integrations work
Adalo is a platform for building mobile and web applications. In conjunction with the QuintaDB service, you can get a mobile application (Adalo) for data entry and a web application (QuintaDB) for data processing, newsletters, and analysis. There are many uses for this kind of integration. Here is some of them:
In this article, we've described the step-by-step instructions:
1. Create an account on the Adalo service.
2. Create the first project and select the Native Mobile App type.
3. Select an empty template, add a name to the application and select base colors.
The Adalo service automatically creates a user database, registration and login forms.
On the start screen, you can see the "plus" icon. Сlick on to see the available modules and application components.
4. Create an application and form for future posts on the QuintaDB service. We will use the "Expenses" application template for this example.
The "Expenses" application portal with a dashboard:
You need to click on the link "Edit application" and open the "Expenses" table:
These recordings are for demonstration purposes, so you can delete them. After that, go to the Form Builder and change the fields for the mobile application.
You can also rename the table, if you need.
5. Add a new records for API connection testing.
6. Create an API key.
7. Go back to Adalo and connect the QuintaDB database. Find the "Database" and click "Add Collection".
In the pop-up window, enter an API request to get all records (you can find the QuintaDB API documentation on the Developers page).
Add page parameter and API key:
On the next screen, you can enter the rest of the required API requests: delete, update, create and retrieve one record.
In the "Get All" section, you need to add a result key to clarify where the records are located when receiving a response from the database.
Click on the "Next" button and Adalo will offer to conduct a test by requesting table records with posts.
In the hash “Records” you will get the records from your database.
Test successful. Record received.
8. Return to the main Adalo screen and rename the fields and titles:
9. Add a new component to the main screen with a form to add a record.
Select the connected base with "Expenses" in the form settings and configure the fields in accordance with the table columns:
10. Customize the form button and add a transition to a new screen:
11. Add a list to display expenses on the new screen:
Click on the icon with the "T" symbol to select which fields to display in this list component:
12. In the upper right corner, click on the "Preview" button to test the application.
After registration, you will be taken to the application homepage:
Here you can check records adding and see the expenses list.
As a result, you will receive a mobile application for adding data to your database.