The QuintaDB service allows you to create complex business applications in a simple way. Now you can collect online payments in your web-application from users by integrating with partnered merchants.
You can configure actions such as order confirmation email, adding the customer information in your CRM system, and adding the transaction details.
The payment process can be customized with:
- Action field;
- Conditional actions module.
You will find step-by-step instructions below. Consider the example of a Pizza Order application where customers place an order through the Order form.
Payment through the Action field
Payment through the Conditional Actions
Create an application from a template. You can find it on the Applications page:
Open the Order Form table. This table contains all orders and customer details such as name, address, phone number, pizza purchased, quantity, and total amount.
Go to the Form Builder and add a new Action field.
Add a new Action field to the form. Open field editing page.
Open the 'Tasks' tab or select the 'What to do' item:
Click on the 'Add new task' button. Select the "Make a payment" task:
On the next page, you can select a Merchant (payment service). The following services are currently available: Paypal, Braintree.
Once you choose the merchant you want, the information you'll need to enter to link your merchant account to QuintaDB is different depending on the merchant you choose.
If you choose the Paypal service, you will need to fill in the following fields:
- Recipient's E-mail (your Paypal account);
- Language (in the payment system);
- Payment currency (will be reflected on the payment page). You can only set one currency only.
If you choose the Braintree service, you will need to fill in the following fields:
- Merchant ID is a unique identifier that is provided to you in your Braintree Merchant account;
- Public Key is the public key that is provided to you in your Braintree Merchant account;
- Private Key is the private key that is provided to you in your Braintree Merchant account;
- Language (in the payment system);
- Payment currency;
- Braintree Merchant Account ID (enter the trading account ID for your chosen currency. Braintree requires a trading account ID for all currencies other than the US dollar. To support currencies other than USD, please contact Braintree support at email@example.com or call 877-434-2894).
Next, you need to set up "Payment Options". These settings control the fields and data displayed on the payment page, including the recipient and the information that will be contained in the receipt.
Here you can add:
- Collect shipping address - select this checkbox to add a shipping address section to the payment page.
- Request Payment Every - select this checkbox if you need to configure recurring billing and select the amount of billing procedures to initiate over a given timeframe.
- Pre-Populate Billing Info - select this checkbox to use data collected from your forms to prefill the billing information fields on the payment page for the merchant (you can use a Name field from your form for the Credit Card Name,an Address field for the Billing Address and an Email field for the email receipt setting. Please note that the user can still make changes to this data on the payment page).
- Assign Prices (the amount that the user will pay with the currency that you specified on the previous tab) - select a Fixed Amount or Amount from field. For example, if everyone has to pay the same fee, you can set a Fixed Amount. If there are additional add-ons or discounts that need to calculate extra, you can use fields from your form, such as a Formula, for example.
- Description (description of the product or service that Paypal will add to the buyer's invoice after payment) - select Description from field or Custom text.
- Invoice (shown to subscribers with the other details of their payments. It must be unique with each subscription) - select the field from the table.
Please note that the invoice must be unique. In the Paypal settings, you can set a ban on receiving repeated payments with the same invoice ID in order to avoid accidental payments
Next, you need to set up "Confirmation page".
The URL to which the payment system redirects the buyer after the payment is completed. For example, enter a URL on your site that displays a payment confirmation page.
By default, the buyer will be redirected back to the original web page. You can also select a Record widget.
Tip: redirect to the Record widget is handy, if you or your users need to get a custom invoice. Read more about creating an invoice here.
Now you can check the operation of the payment service.
Open the table with orders and click on the created Action next to the required entry.
After clicking, you will be redirected to the payment system, where you will need to log in or open a new account and link your card.
At the end of the payment processing, you will receive an invoice from payment service by email.
Tip: this payment method is convenient to use together with the Login Query Engine module. Read more about this module in this article.
Go to the Form builder and open the Actions tab. Create a new conditional action:
Select a criterion for performing the action (for example, Order number field is not empty).
Specify the Name and when to perform the action (Form submitted, Record updated).
Select the Make a payment action. Click on the 'Create' button.
Please note: if you use the Make a payment action, then the Redirect to new page action will not be available, since you have the opportunity to set up a redirect in the "Confirmation page" section after the payment is completed.
Click on the 'Edit' button.
Next you need to set up payment similar to the settings in the Action field.
We hope that this feature will significantly help you interact with your customers!