Manager and administrator is a common database roles. They allow one person to create database and other to manage it's online. You can also provide read only access to your DB
We are happy to introduce you one of QuintaDB main modules, that is a Team. Using this functionality your friends or colleagues can join your project to help you to manage databases, forms or reports.
This module was always in QuintaDB, but we improved it to satisfy the needs of all of our new users.
On the projects page, you can see your projects or team projects. If there are no team projects yet, it simply means that no one has shared access with you yet.
1. For example, we have "RentFarm" project with several forms, reports, charts, maps, calendars, files and portals. When you open the project you'll see:
2. In order to add users to your project you have to use the Team menu.
On the next page you can add users to the team or create a user's group.
Using user's groups, it will not be necessary to assign access rights for new users each time. It will be enough to add them to the group with the established rights.
3. To create a new group, click on the "Add new group" tile.
4. Enter the group name, select the available modules and the access level for the group.
Notice that you can select any tables or reports with different access role.
All groups can have such roles which can be changed at any time.
You can also choose Edit, Create or Delete permissions.
For the Files module you can decide if users will be able to upload files, see only his own files or being able to delete files.
Same for Team module, members can add new team members, edit current access rights or remove members. It is up to you if you will provide members with these rights. Similarly, you can leave Team module unchecked and new members will not see other team members.
Now you can add users to the group.
1. Click on the "Add new group" tile on User's groups page.
2. Choose "add users to the group" radio button and select the group from dropdown list.
3. You may opt to to enter email addresses or you can choose already added users, if you have some.
- Enter emails, one per line. You can decide if you would want to send email invites. You can also edit email templates.
When you are finished, users will receive email notifications. If this is a new user for QuintaDB, a new account will be created and an activation link will be sent.
Once you click ‘Add users to the team, new members will be able to view and edit your projects based on the new access rights.
At any time, you can change the assigned group roles, move or remove users from the group.
Press "Settings" button to edit access levels.
Please refer here how you can enable 'Access to only own records' and filter records by User.
You may need to add a user who will not be in groups.
To do this, click on the button "Add users to the team" on the User's groups page.
On the next page choose "Add users with custom access rights".
Once you've added user you can found a "Users not in any group" tile on the "User's groups" page.
You can edit the user's access rights inside. Also, if you wish, you can move this user to the group, using context menu.
You can also restrict user from seeing some table columns or editing form fields using Field Level Access.